Anyone get python on win98??

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at effbot.org
Sun Jan 28 18:41:40 EST 2001

"shaka" <fabrice.n at home.com> wrote:
> It just doesn't work: it gives me an error message like:
>
> File "<stdin>", line 1
>     c:\programming\python20>python hello.py
>      ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> so what do I do???

use the *MS-DOS* command line, not the interactive
Python prompt.

in the start menu, look for something called "MS-DOS
Windows" or "Command Window".

click on it.

in the window that appears, use the "cd" command to
go to the directory where you installed Python.  to run
scriptname.py, type "python scriptname.py"

if you have no idea of what I am talking about, you pro-
bably need to spend some time with a Windows tutorial.
here's one:

http://sunset.swan.ac.uk/personal/mjb/teaching/envmod/em-book/node36.html

Cheers /F