embedded python - cancel "while 1: pass"

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sun Jan 7 13:04:45 EST 2001

Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:

> Guido was writing in Dutch there:  his use of "registry" has nothing to do
> with Windows.  What he means by "registry call" is "a call to
> Py_AddPendingCall", the function which "registers" (in Dutch -- or, for that
> matter, also in English <wink>)

This must be the human Tim speaking here, not the infallible Timbot.
'registry' would be 'register' in this context, and 'registers' would
be 'registreert'. Of course the Dutch generally don't comment our
source code in Dutch but in English, and we use the English terminology
even in Dutch texts, so it gets a bit confusing.

Regards,

Martijn