Web devel with python. Whats the best route?

Paul Boddie paulb at infercor.no
Mon Jan 8 06:35:47 EST 2001

Chris Watson wrote:

>         I'm about to start converting the small fool proof (ha ha) admin
> system I have been working from console based to web based. What is the
> easiest way to go about integrating python into apache so I can start
> web'izing this app? mod_python, mod_snake, PyApache?

Do you really want to go as far as integrating tightly with Apache, or will
CGI-based mechanisms work just as well? Take a look at my Web modules overview
page which attempts to summarise the different Python Web development options:

  http://www.paul.boddie.net/Python/web_modules.html

I can't personally recommend any of the packages you mention as I haven't tried
any of them, although the most recent information I can find about each of them
is given on the above page. Recently, I have been working a little with Webware
and I do believe that it has promise for developing sophisticated applications.

Regards,

Paul