PyOpenGL and NVidia support for Linux with SMP?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Jan 5 01:01:08 EST 2001

I wrote:

> Has anyone gotten PyOpenGL working for an NVidia chipset working under
> Linux 2.2.x with SMP?  I've run into the same roadblocks that others
> have bumped into, and with Deja I see people asking about them, and
> being told partial solutions which lead to other problems, which I can
> also get to ... but I don't see any ultimate resolutions.
>
> Anyone gotten it working?

For anyone in the same boat as me, I finally got PyOpenGL working, after
piecing together hints that I found in this newsgroup.  Adding the lines

    #inclue <GL/glx.h>
    #undef GL_EXT_polygon_offset

after the GL includes in each of the .c files (_glumodule.c,
_glutmodule.c, _openglmodule.c, and openglutil.c) and rebuilding solved
the problem.

/  \ We are all part of the human race.
\__/ Richard Ford
    Interstelen / http://www.interstelen.com/
 A multiplayer, strategic, turn-based Web game on an interstellar scale.