Curses module for Python 2.0 for Windows NT

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Jan 17 19:07:06 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 09:23:42AM +0100, jurgen.defurne at philips.com wrote:
[snip]

| Is there a curses add-on available for the Win32 binaries ? It sure
| isn't part of the distribution I am using, which is still the BeOpen
| version of Python 2.0

Mutt uses curses.  I built mutt on a NT box with cygwin.  If you want,
you could grab the python sources and build it against cygwin to get
(n)curses support.  If you do that, you will create a dependency of
python on cygwin.  Cygwin will allow you to still link against MS libs
like COM stuff (I think) but not MSVCRT (unless you pick MSVCRT
instead of glibc).

Otherwise I think you're stuck with DOS terminals (and custom
interfaces made with python) instead of ncurses terminals.

HTH,
-D