What makes Python Python (was: OO in Python (was Re: Migrating to perl?))

Joel Ricker joejava at dragonat.net
Sat Jan 6 09:36:39 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote in message <936qce0p55 at news1.newsguy.com>...

>The really strange thing is, the various parts meld into a
>whole that is greater than the sum of the parts!  If I
>"designed" a language by cherry-picking thinks I liked from
>others, the result would be sure to be an unholy mess.

Not necessarily.  Its how we've come to have Python, or Perl, or a number of
languages written by people who have decided that language x doesn't have y
so they created their own and a new language z is born.  Then, people will
be discussing why language z doesn't have a, b, or c and the process
continues ;)

Joel