ANN: timeoutsocket.py --> v1.12 works with Python 2.0

Rick Lee rwklee at home.com
Wed Jan 24 21:40:37 EST 2001

I don't know how expensive threads are.  If I have to implement a
server, it seems to me that I have to do recv() on every connection I
accept on a separate thread.  Is that the way to go?  Is there a more
efficient way?  Asyncore?  (In my application, all TCP connections are
very long lived, there can be up to 1000 simultaneous connections.)

- Rick Lee