Roadmap wanted: Python access to SPIRIT.OCX (Win9x)

Martin Bless m.bless at gmx.de
Wed Jan 31 19:07:24 EST 2001

It's past midnight - but it works!!!!!!!
It was all there, and it's easy once you know what to to.
makepy.py produced spirit.py, and

import win32com, spirit
brick = win32com.client.Dispatch('SPIRIT.SpiritCtrl.1')

instantiates the object. And now I can say brick.On((0,1,3)) to get
three motors going. Absolutely fascinating. IMHO, beats the proposed
visual basic solutions by far. Of course I haven't understood a bit of
the inner workings of makepy - the good news is, I obviously don't
have to at the moment. That's real magic! I'd like to express my
respect. Makepy does a marvellous job.

It took me some time to discover this little hint in the generated
spirit.py:

# This CoClass is known by the name 'SPIRIT.SpiritCtrl.1'

>Not me (another fascinating timesink being the LAST thing I
>need:-) but I do understand why one would!-)

Oh yes oh yes, it seems it has hit ME. Hope I can save myself ...

Still very excited
Martin