Neophyte looking for good books on Python

sarayu balu sbalu at nyx.net
Sat Jan 20 15:08:36 EST 2001

laura_01 at my-deja.com wrote:
: Hi! The next edition of "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz is due out in
: early March,
: if you can wait about a month.

: Laura
: LLewin at oreilly.com

I have the old edition of "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz.
I do not know if Oreilly suggests that I pay the full price
for this new edition. These days, there seems to be a newer
edition so often, that we programmers have become suckers
for the publishing company. Java is the classical example.

Oreilly should take the leadership in this area, in selling
newer editions at substantial discounts for owners of older
editions, or follow Bruce Eckel's model of putting the whole
book on the web. What do you folks think ?
-sb
--
Dr.Sarayu Balu,M.D.,FAAP			Tel.(802)888-2448
Ryder Brook Pediatrics,