c(++)python?

Erik de Castro Lopo nospam at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jan 26 21:18:31 EST 2001

Stephen Boulet wrote:

> This is just something I've wondered about, and not intended to be a
> troll.
>
> Why is the most popular implementation of python in C? A novice
> programmer (like myself) might think:  "python is itself an
> object-oriented language, so it would make sense to implement it in
> another object-oriented language."

What makes you think you can't program in an OO manner in C?

> Is this in fact the case, or was c++ not standardized/mature enough
> when python first came out?

That might well be case. Its also possible the C was thought to be a
better option becuase unlike Python's clean OO implementation the C++
one is a mess of the highest order. C++ is the only language I know
of with such an overwhelming feature bloat.

Just my opinion,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes its valid)