why no "do : until"?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jan 2 16:19:19 EST 2001

In article <3A4F4B4D.ECD6B172 at engcorp.com>, Peter Hansen wrote:

>But I can't argue with another view on this.  After all, in C I've been
>using "brace indentation style 3" for the longest time, in apparent
>violation of 98% of coding conventions in the world.  That is, my braces
>are vertically aligned but indented with respect to the "if ()" or "for
>()" which gets me into the block:
>
>while (1)
>   {
>   T = f();
>   if (T < 25)
>       break;
>   }
>
>Use of that convention is probably what has made me quite happy with
>Python's indentation style, which essentially matches this pattern.

I used that C indentation style for years, but I finally gave
up since a) I could never get editors and the "indent" program
to do it automatically, and b) nobody else on my projects
wanted to do it that way, and it's important that all the
source code on a project be indented consistently.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Now my EMOTIONAL
                                  at               RESOURCES are heavily