what GUI, please advise

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Jan 24 18:14:24 EST 2001

(steering the discussion in my direction ...)

What is the general feeling of GTK+ vs. wxWindows?

(I'm not really interested in Tk, Qt, Motif, MFC, etc)

I used GTK-- (the C++ bindings) and Glade on a project a while back.
I didn't have time then to learn how to properly use libglade.  It
seems that wxWindows is better at cross-platform functionality (for
now).

How about the design of the object hierarchy?  I'm familiar with gtk,
how does wxWindows compare?

Is there a "wxlibglade" sort of tool?  This would be a big loss for
wx if there isn't.

How does Boa Constructor (or other builder) compare to Glade?  (I
don't want to pay $$ otherwise I might consider wxDesigner)

A bit about me:
	o 1 toolkit for all work (ie cross-platform, etc)
	  ( I like Linux and would develop on linux, but I want to let
	    Windo~1 users utilize my apps )
	o good object hierarchy
	o GUI builder
	o libglade-type runtime builder (if possible) (doesn't need to
	  be XML)
	o I like the GNOME desktop too

Thanks for the info and opinions.
-D