CreateProcess and .py file

Ben Hutchings ben.hutchings at roundpoint.com
Thu Jan 25 18:22:29 EST 2001

"José Rui Faustino de Sousa" <jrfsousaREMOVE005946EA at esoterica.pt> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to "convince" CreateProcess to create a
> process out of a python script file (or any non .exe "executable" for
> that matter...)?
<snip>

This is a Windows-specific question that does not belong in
comp.lang.c (and maybe not even comp.lang.python).  The answer is that
if you want to use the shell's file associations you should use
ShellExecute or ShellExecuteEx.  CreateProcess is a low-level
function; file associations are high-level.

--
Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of Roundpoint.