Literate programming in Python

Nick Belshaw nickb at earth.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 19 05:42:59 EST 2001

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if there exist a "literate programming" language for Python (possibly using the same structure/conventions of
> WEB/CWEB, the first literate programming languages, developed by D.E.Knuth and Silvio Levy, resp. for Pascal and C/C++).

I have used Interscript -mentioned by others - for a number of years quite usefully - not sure of the CWEB syntax but I think its
similar.

I found that a bit clumsy so wrote a WYSIWYG editor for it using Python/Tkinter - rough but easy.

- it certainly works. Maybe a bit slow for big projects but it sure maintains readability!!

cheers
Nick/Oxford