Using Python COM objects from C++

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Sat Jan 13 10:33:18 EST 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote and wrote
innews:93mtn30qsk at news1.newsguy.com...
> However, you can save some boring manual work by letting makepy (and other
> allied tools) generate the Python 'skeletons' for you, directly from the
> information that is contained in the type library.

Yes, I've checked that path too, but I didn't find it to be especially
helpful in solving my problem which was ensuring that python assigned the
correct dispid's to the correct functions in my python class. Or am I
missing something here?

What would be really neat and maybe I'll look into it someday would be the
way python generates the outgoing interfaces in idl files. This process is
exactly what I am looking for because it generates a base class with all the
correct methods and dispid's.