why no "do : until"?

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Tue Jan 2 11:34:21 EST 2001

On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 01:13:10PM -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Becker> Python is actually a bit broken as continue inside try blocks is
>     Becker> not allowed.

> That is an admitted limitation of the implementation (because of the
> complexity of generating correct byte code), not a design constraint of the
> language.  This is being worked on.  In fact, it may be working by now in
> the latest CVS version.

Not yet. Almost. I submitted a patch to fix it (#102989 in the SF patch
manager) but it has to be reviewed by one of the -dev'ers with experience in
that area (other than me, for some reason ;). (It's currently assigned to
Jeremy.) It doesn't complicate the current eval loop much, and it doesn't
touch continue outside of 'try' clauses, so I have no reason to believe it
won't get accepted before 2.1.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>