[Off topic] allowed to put Python material on the Web?

Jason Cunliffe jasonic at nomadicsltd.com
Sun Jan 28 07:02:47 EST 2001

news:3a73f8fe.5827960 at news.skynet.be...

<
> If you think that I missed something here, please feel free to add
> your comments/remarks.

Daniel

One you missed perhaps. Unless there is any objection, How about:

4) As you are making your site, submit your good stuff from time to time to
'The Vaults of Parnassus' and 'pythonFAQTS'

This is the #1 resource and is beautifully done.
While mostly focused on Python Modules, it does have tutorials and stuff
there.
It is so clearly laid out, fast while one is still on Parnassus _before_ one
has to link off to somewhere else adn get burined in complex doumetation,
history, versoins etc. Especially now that sourcforge taskes forever to
respond [crashes my browser constantly 8-(].

Parnassus is the only first pass site for comparative Python searches. What
is missing there imho, are links to sensible groupings of help topics, finer
points etc, many of which relate to the use of modules/techniques listed.

Hopefully you can contribute small nugget wrapper desciptions for Parnassus
linking back to your own editorial collection pages, based on this
newsgroups and more. I think this would be great resource all round.

It might even help you structure your site in interesting and suitable ways,
for example including refernces href foot notes, leading directly to the
Parnassus listings. For example, a news thread discussion on db APIs, or
python web tools would be nicely complemented with focused links locally
associated, the way the best e*zines do. Cameron Laird's, The Python pages
on O'Reilly, Jon Udell's, Byte pages. etc..you know who they are

All of this implies the new 21st millenium editon of http://www.python.org
site which hopefully will emerge over the next many months [eta=Harvest
Festival Full Moon 2001?/halloween]

good luck!
Jason