Slicing and offsets

Darren New dnew at san.rr.com
Thu Jan 18 12:53:30 EST 2001

gustabares at my-deja.com wrote:
> Why is it that when I slice S it's no longer the 0 offset anymore, but
> now it is 1?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'm guessing this might be the
answer:

You don't "slice S". Instead, you're asking for a slice of S. Unlike pie,
this doesn't change S. Slicing is a function that gives back a new and
different string that's independent of what you sliced.

--
Darren New / Senior MTS & Free Radical / Invisible Worlds Inc.
San Diego, CA, USA (PST).  Cryptokeys on demand.