How to check on process time?

noahspurrier at my-deja.com noahspurrier at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 10 14:44:21 EST 2001

Which Python library do I want to get extensive process information?
I need to look at any process running -- not just the parent, current,
or child processes.

I want to write a watchdog script that sends out alerts if any
process on the system with a given name patter runs longer than
a certain amount of real time or CPU time.

Currently I'm just doing a popen('ps -ef'), but I'd like
to get more sophisticated.

If anyone has any samples, then I'd love to see them.

Yours,
Noah Spurrier

P.S. Yes, I RTFM, but I couldn't find what I needed. I'm sure it's
in there.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/