Web devel with python. Whats the best route?

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 17:30:26 EST 2001

"Lele Gaifax" <lele at seldati.it> wrote in message
    [snip]
>     AM> CGI is easiest.  *Do the simplest thing that can possibly
>     AM> work*!
>
> PyApache does exactly this, only faster...
> ...but I'm a little biased here :)

Somebody just mentioned that PyApache was obsoleted by mod_apache (which
I thought did something completely different?), or, did I misread?

>     AM> "Session continuity" will have to be provided via cookies, but
>     AM> that's not really all that hard -- the amount of state you
    [snip]
> All mentioned modules do help in session handling, by providing some
> sort of persistent storage (tipically a dictionary).

So do the cookies in standard module Cookie, and the shelves in standard
module shelve -- dict-like interfaces are clearly very handy little things
(cgi.py
also offers basically that, albeit with some refinements/complications:-).

> PS: Alex, un ciao particolare! Ti ricordi di me? Sublink... :)

E vorrei vedere, che ci si potesse scordare della gloriosa sublink.org e
di tutti i suoi protagonisti...!-)  Ciao Lele!

Alex