python compiled to native in less than a year?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jan 18 00:12:48 EST 2001

"scotth" <slhath at flash.net> wrote:

>Since Python will be one of the .NET languages, it will get compiled like
>all the other .NET languages.  Whatever the problems, ActiveState/MS
>have/are going to over come it if my info is correct.

Where did you get your information?  Do you have a URL?  The other repliers
are delighting in nitpicking and Microsoft bashing, but no one seems to
have questioned the basic premise.

If I understand the .NET concept correctly, any COMPILED language will be
compiled to IL.  However, I don't think there is anything to prevent a
language from being interpreted.  That is, Python might survive in the .NET
framework as source text.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.