How do I pass an argument while I when running a script

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 29 08:50:08 EST 2001

shaka wrote:
 [nothing whatsoever]

1. Please provide a little more detail in your questions.
   If you do, it will make our answers much more useful
   to you, and avoid wasting time as we make incorrect
   assumptions about what you are really asking.

2. Have you looked at the tutorial?  The answers to
   your questions are probably answered reasonably at
   http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html
   already.

I can't answer the question you pose, since I don't
know whether you are talking about passing arguments
from the command line, or within a script to a subroutine,
or perhaps in some other place.  Since the tutorial
answers these very clearly, perhaps you could start
there and ask here again if you have further trouble.