Remote Python Debugger

Warren Postma embed at NO_SPAM_PLEASE.geocities.com
Mon Jan 15 10:57:30 EST 2001

Has anyone implemented a Graphical Remote Python Debugger?

Here is the situation I have: I am running Python on an embedded system. We
have remote command line access, so we could use the built-in PDB debugger
to step through our code, but we want to provide a graphical edit/debug
facility through our remote monitoring software, the trick being that the
graphical facility runs on one computer (in your office) and the actual
python interpreter runs on an embedded controller somewhere, connected only
through either a socket connection, or a direct serial cable link.

Warren