Canvas item class

Brian Elmegaard be at et.dtu.dk
Wed Jan 10 05:44:04 EST 2001

Hi,

I am trying to (find out how to) make an application for making
flowsheets of energy plants and exporting the relevant data to
simulators. I primarily consider tk(inter)for the GUI.

The flowsheet will consist of schematic drawings of different devices.
These may need to be made out of more than one canvas item. Furthermore,
the components should also keep tracks of different parameters for the
device.

So, what I would like to have is a component class inheriting the
methods of a generic canvas item and be able to configure this to my
needs and then draw them as wanted. However, reading 'An introduction to
tkinter' it seems to me that canvas items are not like other tkinter
objects, so I am not sure that it can be done this way. Am I off-track?

Should I instead make a component class which has a method for
specification of the schematic and from the canvas call an
eval(itemSchematic)?

--
Brian
http://www.et.dtu.dk/energysystems