BeOpen 2.0 vs ActiveState?

Tim Hammerquist tim at degree.ath.cx
Fri Jan 19 20:12:52 EST 2001

Paul Prescod <paulp at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> If we couldn't
> justify the development and maintenance cost of ActivePython in these
> two ways then we couldn't continue to develop it!

And yet Python and Perl were both created and developed for years without
license restrictions.  Why does it cost so much more for your
company to slap its name on someone else's creation than it does for
someone to develop it from scratch in the first place?

I apologize to the group for this post.  It is a personal objection to
ActiveState's business practices, etc., and has no place in
comp.lang.python.  This will be the last article I post re. ActiveState.

If Paul would like to contact me, I would be interested in hearing what
he has to say.
--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
I respectfully decline the invitation