Should I learn Python or Java?

Birgit Jauernig birgit.jauernig at aon.at
Sun Jan 7 09:04:25 EST 2001

> 1.  Which language would be best to learn, Java or Python.  From a VB
> standpoint, which has the least learning curve?

First I learned Java with much effort (over 2 years). My programming
background is simple: JavaScript and Perl. I first tried out Python in
August 2000 and I switched to JPython because for me it was the most easiest
way to try out all those javax.swing features directly from the JPython
interpreter command-line. Now it tends me back to Java because I like all
that checking features the Java compiler gives to me (personally I don´t
deal very well with weak-typed references).

Birgit Jauernig