is Python fully object oriented ?

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Sun Jan 14 21:27:18 EST 2001

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 02:26:23 -0500, Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
>Heh -- I wonder whether Knuth ever heard of C++!

In an interview with Knuth on Computer Literacy's (now Fatbrain's) Web
site, he was asked about C++:

	C++ is too complicated.  At the moment, it's impossible for me
	to write portable code that I believe would work on lots of different
	systems, unless I avoid all exotic features.  Whenever the C++
	language designers had two competing ideas as to how
	they should solve some problem, they said "OK, we'll do them both".
	So the language is too baroque for my taste.

I formed the impression that he prefers to use WEB or CWEB for
programming.  Since he also uses Emacs for editing, he presumably can
also handle the odd bit of Lisp.

--amk