Python on Palm OS ?

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Sun Jan 21 19:31:07 EST 2001

pehr (pehr at pehr.net) wrote:
> #2. Long term (6months?) get a linux-based PDA. Several companies are
> producing or about to produce these...

Another option is to get an existing WINCE-based PDA and run PythonCE:
http://www.digicool.com/~brian/PythonCE/
>From the FAQ, as regards what kind of PDA to use:

  If you have a Casio, Compaq, HP, Hitachi, or LG Electronics HPC, you
  need the SH3 compatible file. If you have an NEC, Philips, the new
  Compaq, or Sharp you need the MIPS version. The type of processor
  you have can be checked by going to the control panel and then clicking
  the sytem icon.

If you search for "320XL" on eBay, you'll see some nice deals. I personally
favor the PDAs with the chicklet keyboards, and I think they're particularly
appropriate if you're thinking about writing Python scripts and programs.

--
import string,time,os;print string.join((lambda x:x[:10]+x[8:])(map(
lambda x:string.center("*"*(lambda x:((x<24) ### Seasons Greetings, Will Ware