Problems with Install

Ben Ocean zope at thewebsons.com
Fri Jan 26 11:36:51 EST 2001

Hi;
I'm at a loss to understand why I can't get python working. I had it
working before I moved my server. I re-installed it from src and typed
*python* and got a prompt. I was ecstatic. So I went to re-install Zope and
that installation failed. So I typed in *python* again and got
bash: python: command not found
How is that? It was just there! Where did it go? So I ripped out everything
that had to do with python on my server and started over. When I got to
*make* I got this error:

make[1]: *** [myreadline.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/apache/vhosts/Python-1.5.2/Parser'
make: *** [Parser] Error 2

It repeated with *make install* What am I missing? Also, I may have made a
bad mistake in deleting everything python in my box, please advise. Running
RedHat 6.2.
TIA,BenO