Web devel with python. Whats the best route?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Fri Jan 12 11:29:07 EST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rather than reinvent loop-syntax &c, I found it simplest to
> embed a for statement in the HTML template, a la:
>
> +for i in range(len(results)):
>     <TR> <TD><B>@i@</B></TD> <TD>@results[i]@</TD> </TR>
> -
>
> All the presentation logic goes into the template, all of
> the computation into the Python CGI script, and my little
> yaptu.py (yet another python template utility, of course)
> bridges the gap (with about 50 SLOC's, plus comments,
> docstrings, and test pushing it to a bit over 100 lines).

Another affirmative for my "every Python programmer wrote a web
development framework. Sometimes two."

For those who need the reference: "Every scheme programmer wrote
an object system. Sometimes two."

Equivalents for C/C++/Perl/Java would be appreciated <wink>
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.