freebsd extension problem

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 14:18:23 EST 2001

Robin Becker:
 |I'm trying to build an extension which used to work with 1.5.2 unde
 |freebsd.
 |
 |I seem to be able to build the extension using the old
 |
 |make -f Makefile.pre.in boot method and have linked to various
 |libraries. However for some reason I'm getting a bad magic number error
 |when trying to import the module.
 |
 |I assume that this is somehow caused by a missing import. Is there an
 |easy way to find out what I'm missing?

Potentially useful links below.  Could be that you have an ELF python and
an AOUT module, or vice versa.  Run 'file' on each to see.

I assume these are FreeBSD binaries (not Linux under emulation).

http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=704455585
http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=704541401

--
Randall Hopper