escape sequences and string comparisons

jkndeja at my-deja.com jkndeja at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 10 11:27:38 EST 2001

Hello Fredrik

[...]

> How about reading the *Python* manual instead?

Well, actually I read amongst other things, pp. 774 of Mark Lutz'
'Programming Python', where table C-9 says

[...]
\other  'any other character'

Which I now realise is incorrect, or misleading at best. And the
otherwise excellent 'eff-bot guide to the Python Standard Library'
makes no mention of this [no surprise, I realise it's not a language
guide]. I quoted the references I had at the time, and have now been
enlightened, with your help as well as the on-line documentation.

> Sigh /F

indeed...

    j^n

Sent via Deja.com