Interested in a Crypto-SIG?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sat Jan 27 08:09:55 EST 2001

HI!

(I know that SIG proposals should go to the META-SIG list but I
guess not many developers are subscribed to this list. Therefore I
start the discussion here.)

I would like to propose a Crypto-SIG. The goal is to define Pythonic
class APIs for various cryptographic and related standards to enable
developers to use a unified API for implementing crypto-enabled
applications in Python independent of the underlying implementations
(basically inspired by Sun's Java crypto-related APIs).

APIs for (in my personally preferred order):
- cryptographic algorithms (similar to Sun's JCE for Java)
- encoding/decoding ASN.1 objects
- X.509 certificates (including path validation)
- SSL
- S/MIME
- SPKI
- OpenPGP