win32com, COM, MediaPlayer

Markus von Ehr vonehr at ira.uka.de
Wed Jan 3 08:34:43 EST 2001

Hi Alex,

> If you do want to work asynchronously, I think you'll have to check
> (by poll, or by events) on the various 'states' involved (I'm not
> sure whether OpenState, PlayState, or ReadyState governs here; alas,
> MediaPlayer appears to be rather underdocumented, and I can't easily
> experiment here since IsSoundCardEnabled tells me '0'...:-).

I checked the IsSoundCardEnabled state, here it's 1. Seems to be OK...

> end", as in your code) until the operations you desire are also done
> (I _think_, but I'm not sure, that this also holds for the Play
> verb).

In my code, the application doesn't end. I just put an endless loop
with a sleep(1) statement at the end.

> Another minor issue with your code:

I tried:

w.AutoStart=1
w.FileName="c:\Programme\Python\ex1.wav"

w.Play()

but the Play command leads to the same error :-(

Thank you,

Markus