BUG Python 2.0 FreeBSD compile problem

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Thu Jan 11 15:31:26 EST 2001

> if I don't run FreeBSD, how does a ports tree help me verify
> that the current CVS version builds cleanly on FreeBSD?

	It doesn't. I was referring to the fact that the 2.0 version of
Python is IN the ports tree. And someone (the maintainer of that port) had
already gone to the trouble to patch it and insure it compiles well and
added the other nice features of "ports" in FreeBSD. So there was no need
to download it and try building it yourself. Unless you just like too. :-)

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"