Stupid Newbie

DAVID FARRAR david34 at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Jan 16 09:36:43 EST 2001

Hi, I must be stupid.

I am using WinNT at work (without administrator's rights) and having
trouble making Python 2.0 work. It seems to work fine in the interactive
command line format, but I cannot run any module files.  The readme file
suggests that no extra configuration is necessary with WinNT.. .is this
true?

I am using Notepad to write modules, and python.exe to run them (I also
have a file called Pythonw.exe, but this does not seem to do anything.)

An example which does not work is as follows:
import sys
print sys.argv

To run this file (spam.py), I type:
python spam.py a b c