Python Imaging Library and Windows HELP!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at abnoba.intevation.de
Tue Jan 2 09:00:14 EST 2001

In article <sYe46.16115$n%.820734 at news20.bellglobal.com>,
	"Jeffrey Drake" <codebert9 at users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> One other note, I am a beginner with python, just not beginning with coding.
>
> "Jeffrey Drake" <codebert9 at users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> news:cXe46.16108$n%.820749 at news20.bellglobal.com...
>> I just downloaded and installed the Python  Imaging Libary for windows,
> and
>> it basically has a set of py files, a dll. There is absolutely no
>> documentation of what to do with this stuff.
>>
>> I added the directory to the pythonpath environment variable, copied the
>> .dll to the /windows/system dir and then when running a program that uses
>> it -

>>   File "c:\python20\py152\pil\Image.py", line 40, in __getattr__
>>     raise ImportError, "The _imaging C module is not installed"
>> ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

This looks strange somehow.
Try again, getting the the right stuff from:

http://piddle.sourceforge.net/downloads/

Just put its PIL directory somewhere in the python path.
	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            (www.fsfeurope.org)