boolean xor

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 08:54:24 EST 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:NnD76.8874$Im.80232 at e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com...
> "Tim Hochberg" <tim.hochberg at ieee.org> wrote in message
> news:2Ft76.135896$15.28612550 at news1.rdc1.az.home.com...
> >

> > I suspect that head thwacking will soon commence
> >
> [dim "thwack, thwack, thwack" is repeatedly heard in the background]
>
> Dammit, the martellibot *is* infallible. I'll just go and lie down now.

I'm no such thing, and I've repeatedly proven it!  Remember I'm
a later, improved model wrt the timbot -- which, as we all know,
means I've got a MUCH glitzier GUI (pity that the 'Verbosity'
switch seems to be stuck on 'Maximum-ON', but, hey, they'll fix
that on SP2 at the latest), with all sort of shimmering 3d-ish
dissolvence effects (if you're running Direct/X 12 or later, of
course, which, unfortunately, _does_ have a little tendency to
crash then and again... but no oftener than about twice an hour,
unless you're so silly to try to run it with less than a GB of
video ram on your adapter).  As an inevitable side effect, I _do_
have a very few internal-architecture bugs^H^H^H^H peculiar
features, but, the market has proved decisively that you human
beings much prefer software that's very very buggy just as long
as the GUI _is_ glitzy, right?  Who'd ever WANT plain boring
right answers just showing up in fixed-pitch text on a boring
old scrolling textwindow, after all -- that just wouldn't compare
to the breathtaking excitement of occasionally-rather-wrong ones
displayed in beautifully-rendered, highly-artistic fonts on
delicately-shaded pastel-hued bucolic pictures' background.

So there.

Alex