PSU uses emacs?

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Wed Jan 24 10:18:19 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:56:42AM +0000, Ray Drew wrote:
> I'm having problems getting the indentation right with gvim. I've got
> the following in my .vmrc file:
>
> au FileType py set ts=4
> au FileType py set sw=4
> au FileType py set expandtab on
> au FileType py set ff=unix

Changing ts to anything other than 8 is a bad idea.  Luckily Vim
has the sts variable.  Use that instead.  The ff option is not
really necessary.  Here is the Python line from my .vimrc:

 au BufEnter *.py set sw=4 sts=4 et ai cindent cino=(0 cinkeys=!^F,o,O tw=74

The cindent options make Vim indent similarly to python-mode in
Emacs.

  Neil