Misc Tkinter questions

David Allen s2mdalle at titan.vcu.edu
Sun Jan 7 22:52:14 EST 2001

In article <3d666.4421$Qb7.632024 at newsb.telia.net>, "Fredrik Lundh"
<fredrik at effbot.org> wrote:
>> 3.) How do you fix the size of a window?  I'm using
>> a window that's a subclass of Tk, and I would like to know how to make it
>> so that if the widgets within the window shrink, the window stays the same
>> size.
>> (i.e. put a solid minimum size on the window, which
>> can grow)
>
> "minsize" (see "Toplevel Window Methods, Window
> Geometry Methods")

Thanks very much for all of your answers, they were
very helpful.

On this item here though, I have a class which extends
Tk, and when I call self.minsize(500, 500) the
window still seems to size itself automatically
down much smaller than this size when the widgets
I pack into it don't require that much size.

Using xwininfo, I can see that horizontally, it
never goes below 500, but vertically, it does.  Is
there anything else that I should be looking for?
Having the size of the window constantly jumping
around is very visually distracting.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/