PSU uses emacs?

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Mon Jan 29 11:56:33 EST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 01:29:20AM -0800, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
| On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 10:43:04AM -0500, Roland Schlenker wrote:
| > It does have a nasty habit of moving a line starting with a # to the
| > first cloumn. I have not figured how to stop that yet.
|
| Perhaps something in "help cinkeys" will be of use.

It is a feature for C programmers.  I don't know if it is still true,
but I believe that preproccessor directives had to start in column 1
in the old days.  (preprocessor directives start with '#')  I recall
seeing something in the docs about turning off this feature for
Python/perl/bash/etc languages that use '#' for comments, but I didn't
read deep enough to remember what it said.

|   Neil

-D