I (don' ) will kill my Python

Bruno Schaefer bup.schaefer at planet-interkom.de
Sat Jan 20 00:16:43 EST 2001

Hi,
I'am still here ( Sorry Mr. Mark Hammond ) and I don't want to kill
my Python.

It was not my aim to hurt somebody and sorry to all. But all the
replies to my message (which came from an outbreak of frustrations)
are very interesting.

All aspects in short:
1. There are many Python users with similar problems
2. The Python developers have to do more in this direction

To improve the popularity of Python and to use it as first programming
language this topic to create standalones is very important.

Young people, starting with programming, take their program on a disk
and give it to their friends and will say "This is my program! I have
created that by myself !!!"

And the reality is that most of beginners use M$soft products, that
means Win$.

Is it the best solution for this problems to say : Go to VB or never
come back, if Python users are angry about their problems ???

Greeting,
Bruno Schaefer

(I like my Python !!!)