ActivePython2.0 - Server Side objects for ASP problem

Satheesh Babu vsbabu at erols.com
Thu Jan 11 06:49:59 EST 2001

Hi Steve,

That worked! Thanks...

My actual requirement is not to gather HTML pages (I've one for that in 100%
python ASP
and by setting a BASE HREF, it works fine). I have this proprietary software
from a vendor
which runs a server on some port and it accepts some commands on that port.
My requirement
is to generate these commands on the fly, send it to this server and get
response, from many
ASP pages. I don't know how to do network programming in ASP/VBScript. In
Python I've
already written something which works, using socket library. My initial
thought was to embed
that Python code into my ASP scripts - won't work since ASP (atleast my
installation) doesn't
allow mixing of different languages. Making a COM object on the server is
also beyond me.
So, I got this idea and was just checking it out.

Many thanks again

--
v.s.babu
vsbabu at erols.com
http://vsbabu.csoft.net
"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:tK876.2719$24.38513 at e420r-atl2.usenetserver.com...
> "Satheesh Babu" <vsbabu at erols.com> wrote in message
> news:93j0qi$7cv$1 at bob.news.rcn.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to use a server side python object to be called from a
VBScript