PEP status and python-dev summaries

Andrew Cooke andrew at intertrader.com
Fri Feb 9 14:25:23 EST 2001

I've read somewhere in all this that the original intent was to avoid
this - IIRC to avoid too much pointless discussion.  As Python gets more
popular the S/N in the ng is decreasing and I can see the point.  The
important thing to realise is that this isn't meant (presumably) to
exclude the people posting to this thread; more to avoid a million
people endlessly debating each piece of syntax (eg += or list
comprehensions).

Some kind of hierarchy needn't be a bad thing - to some extent this is
the price you're paying for Python's exponential (ish) growth...

All IMHO - I'm not involved in Python, just curious about how this
problem is going to be handled.  How is it handled in Perl?  Is there a
Python equivalent of the porters, for example?

Good luck!
Andrew