Newbie: Adress of Pointer from C

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 02:49:15 EST 2001

Marc Vollmer wrote:

> I have an SocketServer (TCP/IP) as an C++ program and my SocketClient is a
> Python-script. Now I  want to transfer the address of a pointer to Python,
> but I don't think how I can read the address and can read-out the pointer
> datas in the python script.

Eek! Don't expect Python to help you look at what the pointer is pointing
at. (Isn't it pointing at something in the server process anyway?). What you
can probably do is read the pointer value from the server across the socket,
but I can't think how that would help you later.

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist
PythonTesting  = urlopen('http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/')