Memory leak when spawning

jurgen.defurne at philips.com jurgen.defurne at philips.com
Thu Feb 15 07:29:39 EST 2001

I don't know if this piece of source is small enough, but it is probably
the smallest I can create with the same symptoms : every time
a spawn is made, and the spawned program stops, some 4k to 12k
of memory is lost (not 800 to 1200 as I said last time).

If the originating process stops, then all memory is returned, but
a program which has cron functionality should of course not display
memory loss.

This is the version of Python I use (downloaded binary)

Python 2.0 (#8, Oct 16 2000, 17:27:58) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Here is the code :

Jurgen