function attributes are like function objects

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Sat Feb 3 08:27:07 EST 2001

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at effbot.org> wrote:

> and I doubt many people would notice if __doc__ were made
> readonly...

Well, I'm not many but I certainly would notice (and complain, too).

> advantages:
> + works with pre-2.1 python
> + requires one dictionary per class instead of one
>   per method

- requires one dictionary per type of method attribute.

Worse, it is a FORTRANique [*] instead of a pythonic solution. Instead
of encapsulating all information about an object in one place,
corresponding attributes of different objects are bundled up together.
For a single method attribute, it doesn't matter much but if several
attributes are used per method it sucks.

[*] (read FORTRAN IV or FORTRAN 77)

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36