Installer problem with NT/ KERNEN32.dll error

Gordon Williams g_will at cyberus.ca
Mon Feb 5 10:03:04 EST 2001

Hello All,

Using:
python 2.0
wxPython 2.2.2
W95/ NT 4 sp6a
Gordon's Installer 3i

I have a problem with a program that I  have made into a standalone exe
using Gordon's Installer.  I'm not sure where the problem lies.  It works
under W95 but not under NT.  When I try and start the program I get the
following message box on the screen:

_GSocketInternal_Window_Name: Scopal06B.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point GetHandleContext could not be lockated in the
dynamic link library KERNEN32.dll

The traceback from the dos window is:

 File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 170, in
_import_top_module

    module = item.import_top(name)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 197, in import_top
    return self._import_one(None, name, name)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 252, in _import_one
    module = self._process_result(result, fqname)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 281, in
_process_result
    exec code in module.__dict__
  File "e:\program files\python\junk_files\serial.py", line 3, in ?
    from win32file import * # The base COM port and file IO functions.
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 88, in _import_hook
    top_module = self._import_top_module(parts[0])
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 168, in
_import_top_module

    module = self.fs_imp.import_from_dir(item, name)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 512, in
import_from_dir
    result = self._import_pathname(_os_path_join(dir, fqname), fqname)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 545, in
_import_pathname
    return importFunc(filename, finfo, fqname)
  File "e:\program files\python\lib\imputil.py", line 578, in import_file
    module = imp.load_module(fqname, fp, filename, self.desc)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

I'm using win32file for some serial IO communications.

Any idea what is causing this and what the work around is?  I thought that
if it worked on W95 it would work on NT, but this is not the case:(

Regards,

Gordon Williams