Setting boolean COM properties

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Tue Feb 13 02:37:11 EST 2001

Wiwih Gunadi wrote:

> Does anybody know how to set a boolean COM object property?
> In his book, Mark indicated two objects PyTrue and PyFalse but he didn't
> tell how to get these objects.
>
> Searching the internet yields dissapointing results leading me to believe
> that these objects are obsolete or nobody ever use'em.

You can just use integers 1 and 0, and they should work fine.

PyTrue and PyFalse are hidden objects.  You can get at them via:

true = 1==1
false = 1==0

Due to a quirk in Python, these variables will then look like ints, but
are really the PyTrue and PyFalse objects, as shown here:

 >>> true = 1==1
 >>> true
1
 >>> true == 1