recursing glob

Grant Griffin not.this at seebelow.org
Wed Feb 14 22:54:49 EST 2001

Hi Gang,

I had a need to recurse "glob" into subdirectories today, and I ended up
coming up with something using os.walk.  It was pretty brief (only a few
lines), but it didn't seem very elegant.  (Somehow I never am happy with
stuff I do with os.walk--is it just me?)  Anyway, does anybody have any
ideas on how to recurse glob more elegantly?

BTW, why isn't subdirectory recursion an option for glob.glob, or
perhaps another function in the "glob" module.  (And how does one
suggest new functions for modules--without writing a PEP? <wink>)

if-they-gave-"glob"-a-more-attractive-name-might-be-able-to-make
   -some-friends-<wink>-ly y'rs,

=g2

Grant R. Griffin                                       g2 at dspguru.com
Iowegian International Corporation            http://www.iowegian.com